Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Maple Glazed Salmon

Whenever my mom is gone, it falls on me to cook. I got a little pamphlet thingy called "Inspirations" from The Fresh Market that had a recipe for maple glazed salmon. It sounded good and fairly easy, so I had my brother pick up salmon on his way back from dropping my other brother off at the gym. (Side note: The amount of peanut butter they put in their cereal is increasing. It's slowly but surely taking over the bowl. I'm afraid.)

Maple Glazed Salmon (from The Fresh Market)
Serves 4. Double if two of those people are teenage boys.


Ingredients:


1/2 cup maple syrup (Don't you dare use Hungry Jack. I bolded, italicized, and underlined it because it's that important.)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
1-1/4 pounds salmon
2 tablespoons scallions or cucumber, thinly sliced


Instructions:


Mix everything but salmon and scallions together.

Place salmon fillet, cut in half if doubling recipe, in shallow dish or gallon plastic bag.
Drizzle marinade over fish, reserving 1/4 cup. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat grill to medium-high. Place salmon on grill skin-side up.

Cook until fish flakes easily with fork, about 5 minutes per side.
It's flaking, all right. 
To serve, put reserved marinade out as sauce and top fish with scallions or cucumber.





This was very tasty. The marinade/sauce is pretty sweet, so I wouldn't recommend dumping it all over the salmon. My dad grilled the salmon to perfection, and the great salmon flavor went very well with the marinade. The fish doesn't keep very well, so eat the leftovers as soon as possible. This salmon goes well with polenta and a light salad.

The entire fillet couldn't fit in the picture. And yet, thanks to my brothers, we ate three-quarters of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment